Tuesday, April 13, 2010

float poster

Right now I'm working on a poster for SCAD film student Andy Trimbach's senior film. From what I've seen, this 12 minute film looks like it's going to be beautiful--you can watch the teaser here. Without giving too much away, it's about a little boy who ties his hopes to the sighting of an ivory-billed woodpecker.

Andy and I settled on the idea of a boy floating upside down inside the image of a woodpecker. Since he wants to hand screen-print the final poster, I decided to start with the traditional mode of screen printing: a stencil. The stencil below was cut from vellum.





I scanned this in and set about laying out the final image digitally. When I'm finished I'll convert the image to black and white stencils and screen print the poster. So, it won't look exactly like the digital version. It will have that great element of human error to it.




No comments:

Post a Comment