Thursday, May 5, 2011

Henry Sugar and Six More Book Cover

I've just finished a book cover design for Roald Dahl's The Wonderful Story of Henry Sugar and Six More.  I love this book!  These are some of the sketches I started with.








And here's the final work.  Now that I've finished this, I'm of course seeing changes I'd like to make before it steps foot in my portfolio. Such is life.  There is one spot illustration each for the "six more" on the back.  The color bars on the spine are supposed to coordinate with each spot, and the width of each line (supposedly!) represents the relative length of each story.  WHAT?  Would anyone but me ever know that if this was published?  I would get to chuckle quietly and creepily to myself every time I saw that spine on a bookshelf.

3 comments:

  1. ooo this is great! i like the type on it (both vector and handlettered). i haven't read this one by dahl, ill have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I see in the cards: quiet and creepy chuckling in your future.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your work is seriously amazing! So talented! So cool! LOVE IT

    ReplyDelete